Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My Photo
Kimberley Kay
New York, New York, United States
Mommy..Lover..Fighter.. Dancer..Fashionista...Nascar Lover..Permanent 5 year old..Extraordinaire.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Followers

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dear future strippers,


(sidenote: lmao@ Perez Hilton's Aretha hat)

I feel like with all these people all of a sudden wifin' up strippers that there's going to be a sudden influx of new strippers coming in thinking that they're going to get the luck Amber Rose and Omarion's new "wife" has had. Sorry ladies, it doesn't exactly work like that, unless you're working in a top club and you're really great at what you do. These girls got really lucky. Being an exotic dancer definitely does take hard work, confidence and you have to be a tough, business minded girl or you won't get anywhere. Kanye West or any other celeb for that matter, isn't going to swoop down to your club and save your ass. Well unless, of course, you are so drop dead gorgeous that all you have to do is stand there doing nothing, and even then that's not really good enough. If you want to be a dancer and be successful and make good money, you better have great conversation skills and know how to be sensual,know a thing or two about working the pole (unless your club doesn't have one) and you better be prepared to take some bullshit from men (and women). Also you better be ready for some slow nights (after all, we are in a recession!), unless you're once again, working in a top strip club. I know some people are laughing, thinking strippin' is easy , but let me tell you,it isn't. People think all a stripper has to do is swing around a pole, shake her ass a lil, give a lap dance here and there, so on and so forth. You dance a set for 15-20 minutes every hour climbing and swinging around a 20ft pole, dancing your ass off, in 7 inch stilettos for 8 hours a day, then get hounded by 20 different dudes right after you get off of stage, then we can talk.

Now don't get me wrong here. I was a go-go dancer for 3 years on and off and loved every minute of it, both the good and the bad. I met a lot of cool people (including my man, lol) and had a lot of fun entertaining folks. It was definitely an experience that I'm glad I have had. I hate that exotic dancers have a bad rap. Not all of the girls are drug addicted whores. Hell most of them are normal everyday mothers or college students. Some of them even hold down a regular day job. I knew one girl that was a lawyer by day, and then a dancer at night. And not all of the girls are catty, but remember you're not there to make friends. You're there to make your money. I mean don't be a bitch to everyone If friendships happen then that's cool, but don't get caught up in any girl drama. In my 3 years of dancing, I never really had any beef with anyone and I never saw any Diamond/Ronnie (Player's Club) fights. Then again I've never worked in any hole in the wall, seedy, clubs either and I hear a lot does go down in those types of places. I honestly wouldn't know though.

Anyways....If you have the looks, the confidence, and the body go for it. Just make sure you're focused and ready to deal with a lot. No use in working over at McDonald's strugglin'.

0 comments: