Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My Photo
Kimberley Kay
New York, New York, United States
Mommy..Lover..Fighter.. Dancer..Fashionista...Nascar Lover..Permanent 5 year old..Extraordinaire.
View my complete profile

Followers

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Stretch Marks Are The New Black...NSFW

This contains nudity. If you're offended by real nudity of real women then exit stage left.


I remembered when I discovered my first stretch mark appearing on my tummy while I was pregnant. I cried like a baby. After I gave birth to my son and my stomach was covered with stretch marks, plus I was left with a gut, and had a lovely c-section scar to match. I went into deep depression. I thought my body was ruined and I thought my man thought I was ugly. I was a model and a dancer before I got pregnant, and my body was almost perfect (I had a stretch mark here and there, but it was no big deal). Now I look back and realize how stupid I was. Society has put this label out there that stretch marks are ugly, giving birth ruins your body, you're supposed to be skinny after having a baby, and so on and so forth. It's terrible. If anything, I should of embraced my stretch marks and new body. I should of known I was beautiful. I wish someone would of been there to slam that in my head at the time. After all, I carried a healthy baby boy for 9 months without any real huge complication. Nowadays I wear my stretch marks a lot better. They've become apart of who I am. They're a lot lighter now (still noticeable), my stomach is flatter, and I'm down to 115 lbs. I have my moments of sadness still, but I snap out of it pretty damn quick.

Anyways what I'm trying to say is...Ladies, wear your bikinis proudly this summer and show off those marks (and the floppy tits, and baby gut, if you still have it). You did something miraculous..Whether you had a baby, or lost or gained a ton of weight, or whatever. Who gives a fuck what anyone wants to think? We're all hot.




All photos are from various real and beautiful models, photographers, and artists from deviantart.com.
Please click on the photos to go to each of their pages. Thanks!

4 comments:

Stretch Marks said...

Stretch marks are the problems in which the more of the women have to face. There are many creams available which can be used to remove these stretch marks. And we can use them.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! I think more women need to embrace their stretch marks. I earned mine by giving birth. I have no desire to use creams to remove them because I want more people to see they can be confident and beautiful with stretch marks.

Anonymous said...

I'm 18, thin 5’2 & I haven't had a baby yet however, I have stretchmark’s on my hips & at first I was very self-conscious about it because my twin sister doesn’t have any & the only reason my mom & older sister have them was because they have kids. But now I could care less. I flaunt them and I don’t give a fuck when I wear bikini’s or crop shirts & short shorts so when I have kids in the far future I’m going to care either. (:

Anonymous said...

I'm 18, thin 5’2 & I haven't had a baby yet however, I have stretchmark’s on my hips & at first I was very self-conscious about it because my twin sister doesn’t have any & the only reason my mom & older sister have them was because they have kids. But now I could care less. I flaunt them and I don’t give a fuck when I wear bikini’s or crop shirts & short shorts so when I have kids in the far future I’m not going to care either. (: